24 January 2007

Java Books for Sale

I just posted a slew of Java books for sale on eBay. They are all priced between $3-6. Some are current, some aren't. Here's a listing (and the link goes to the eBay listing):



I will have more, on other subjects to come, but I've started to prune my library, in preparation for our move to Eugene.


For the curious, I use iSale on the Mac to post on eBay, it's superb. It easily filled in most of the auction on each book simply by me letting it search Amazon for the ISBN and importing the info (all automatically). The new version of iSale also has iSight support for taking quick pics, etc. But, the listing above was a simple hack by exporting my auction items from iSale (as CSV), plopping that in Excel and dropping out all but the eBay ID column and title column, then dropping that in TextMate, and simply wrapping those with the above HTML, trivially done by using TextMate's awesome column editing abilities (a regex search and replace would've done fine too, but this seemed even faster).

0 comments: