08 February 2008

My Dock, Too Many Browsers, Fluid, etc.

As may be obvious to readers of this blog, I've been doing a fair bit of Facebook development work lately. As such, I need to have multiple Facebook (test) users to observe the social net aspects, etc. I thus have to have multiple browsers open so they can all be logged in at the same time. I am really hoping that a future version of Fluid will allow you to have a separate cookie store per Fluid app, so that I can just create Fluid apps for each FB user. But for now, I can't, so I have at least two, if not three, sometimes four different browsers open to do testing.

I also have been somewhat amused that my dock now consumes almost the entire width of my 24" monitor (1920x1200 resolution)!

Fullscreen
Uploaded with plasq's Skitch!

Oddly, this isn't bothering me a bit. I make good use of LaunchBar, but I'm still a Dock fan as well. See the Skitch page for a list of what some of those dock icons are.

And a geeky tip for Screensaver developers: drop your debug and/or release versions of your saver into the documents area of the dock as an easy way to install it (that's what the two swirly white document images are at the far right of my dock).

0 comments: